'Our Space’ aims to build a complete picture of the school community: from past pupils, to delivery drivers, from governors to belly dancers! Images and measurements will be collected using a specially constructed photo booth, the ‘Our Space’ card or this website.

Sculptor Will Nash and photographer Anthony Carr, will then turn this information into new artworks, one of which will be installed in the school grounds in March.

Progress will be regularly updated here, and at Will's online sketchbook

Monday 1 January 2001

Amination Workshop

Using the exhibiton and ideas behind the project as a starting point we ran a day of animation workshops for 8- 12 year olds

The small groups looked at how animation was created though a series of paper based expeirments. These skills were then used when creating short stop-motion films using web cams and laptop computers.

Some comments from the participants

I loved this workshop and now I know how they make Wallace and Gromit and I want to do more because it is great fun, and I enjoyed taking pictures, and I met a new friend - Charlotte.

I enjoyed it beacuse you get to work with your friends and make really funny clips - Molly.

I really enjoyed it beacuse it was imaginative and fun and you get to go in laptops and make stuff - Shannon.

I thought that the animation workshop was really cool because you got to make movies and learn about how to make them - Jordan.

No comments: