'Our Space’ aims to build a complete picture of the school community: from past pupils, to delivery drivers, from governors to belly dancers! Images and measurements will be collected using a specially constructed photo booth, the ‘Our Space’ card or this website.

Sculptor Will Nash and photographer Anthony Carr, will then turn this information into new artworks, one of which will be installed in the school grounds in March.

Progress will be regularly updated here, and at Will's online sketchbook

Monday 1 January 2001

Writing Competition - Further Entries

Further Entries from students submitted for the Our Space Writing Competition

Click here to read the winning entries

Its large
Its fun
Its wicked
Its cool
Its fabulous
It rocks
It rules
But Willingdon school is absolutely
Great

Shannon Zilioli ZAC

As I walked through the doors into the school I was overwhelmed by the size. I was directed into the hall. I sat sown as Mr Jungius began to talk emotions where he mixed up inside my excitement, nervousness, bewilderment but most of all I was scared. I could hardly hear Mr Jungius speak.

James Baldwin

My first day at school was quite exciting because it was like an adventure not knowing where to go. I was also scared with lots and lots of new faces.

Harry Marsh

When I woke up ready for school I felt nervous but when I was walking up to the bus stop I though “I’ve got nothing to worry about. I’ve got a whole group of friends”. Then when I got to school I was worried that I wouldn’t remember my bag moving from one class to the next. At first my biggest worry was the teachers, but after a couple of days once I’d had all my classes all my teachers were funny, understanding but still strict, but only when they had to be!

Howard Sturgeon

When I first came to Willingdon I felt really nervous. Like where would I go after I got off the bus, but as I got through the day I was happy and excited for the coming days of Willingdon.

Lily

On my first day at Willingdon I felt nervous but excited. I got lost trying to find the maths block but in about two mins I found it at Lunch. I felt a bit scared because it was quite crowded it then wasn’t as bad after a while. It was then going on the bus home I didn’t mind that. On the second day I was used to it and I didn’t get lost and I was happy not nervous. I am now happy I fell like I have been here for ages. I have got used to the canteen being busy and I haven’t got lost since my first day here. I Love it!!!

Grace Pettitt

On the first day of secondary school in the morning I jump out of my bed I was really excited I was a bit nervous to get lost. I walked to school with my friend we went in the school and sat down in the dinner room. Then we had to go to our tutor and they told us rules about the school and our planner. Then we all went to our first lesson.

Jerome Williams

I always knew that my first day of Willingdon was going to be bad and it was. When I woke up I was excited and I couldn’t wait but I got lost and went in the wrong rooms but I had my friends and my sister there for me.

Megan Glassock

I was really nervous on my first day because I was afraid of getting lost, detentions, but excited at the same time because you are feeling grown up. But now I have got used to it and my friends and I meet u pat break, lunch and the end of the day. The day actually goes really fast as well.

Sian Gumery

I was really worried that I would get lost but the map at the front of the planner helped. I was scared that I would forget my homework and books.

Rebecca Pellett


Excited Heart
Journey thumping
Scared
To a new world
Opportunity glad
Curious
On my first
Day
Anna Lowe

In the morning of my first day at secondary school I was so nervous and I was scared that I would get lost because the school is so big.

Jazmine Slater

On my first I was scared of getting lost I woke upon my bed nervous. I finally got myself and before I knew it I was walking up the front entrance I was so scared of getting lost and I didn’t have a problem with it. I got lots of homework but it was ok. In playtime me and my friends were just talking some at lunch then the bell rung and I went to my last lesson science. In science we are trying to get our science pass and I’ve passed my first lesson. At 3:00 I’m walking home thinking to myself about my great first day.

Lucy Jaocbs

First day back starting school, after 14 days in the swimming pool.
Nervous, scared, unprepared
Happy, Excited.

Ryan

I felt scared but excited when I arrived at the school. When I woke up I felt very sick. I didn’t want to get on the bus on my own, so I invited a friend to come on with me.

Mary Illgloy

School is good, I was excited to come on my first day. The lessons I had was register, tutor time, History, Science, French, Maths it was an alright day and I was lucky that I didn’t get lost. My tutor is Mrs Dominy, my room number is room 30.

Mac G

My first day at school was OK, nothing really happened meeting new teachers was really the only exciting thing.

Alex Barrett

When I came in I felt really frightened because year 11s are so big I said to myself “ there only a few feet higher than me, oh well lets get to class” and then they came the pushing and shouting.

Jamie B

On my first day at Willingdon, I was nervous but excited. Would I get lost and be late for class? Well, I did get lost but these were lots of people t ask where you should go.

There were lots of bigger children looking down on us and saying how little we were, just like we used to say to the reception and most of key stage 1. I felt a bit like reception and that a bit like reception and that I was starting school all over again. I was so used to being the oldest but now I was the youngest.

I soon got used to the big school and settled in quickly.

LouLou Elliot

When I first stepped into the school I had mixed emotions running through my mind. I was excited yet scared, uneasy and yet happy. My biggest worry was getting lost and being late for class but the teachers let you off for the first couple of weeks and that’s enough time for new students to settle anyway. Older children were another fear of mine but they are all nice people. By the end of the day I was upset that the day ended but happy t got through it with no problems.

Jessica Saunders

No comments: